ProtoKinetics For pharmaceutical researchers
Protokinetcs offers superior gait and balance assessment tools which allow pharmaceutical researchers to discover gait abnormalities or gait improvements in human subjects during the course of clinical studies or clinical trials. ZENO Walkway and PKMAS gait analysis software can be especially helpful in determining the alleviation or exacerbation of gait abnormalities when titrating dosages of therapeutic medicines.
Our motion analysis tools allow researchers to measure parameters of gait in test subjects which cannot be determined by observation alone, and to quantify forces which affect gait in the neuromuscular system, musculoskeletal system, and neurological system. Our platform is used by many research institutions and medical schools throughout North America.
ProtoKinetics Zeno Walkway and PKMAS (ProtoKinetics Movement Analysis Software) collect and analyze a variety of gait kinetics and gait kinematics data, and provide scientifically valid, repeatable, clinically relevant data on any condition which affects gait or balance. Our platform effortlessly records and analyzes:
- Gait (forward and backward)
- Transitional movements (initiation, turning, termination)
- Static and dynamic balance
- 4-square step test
- Timed up and go (TUG)
- Jumping and hopping
- Fukuda Stepping Test (FST)
Measurable, Repeatable, Clinically Relevant Gait Analysis Data
ProtoKinetics’ gait analysis & assessment systems provide clinical motion analysis to precisely identify the impact of impairments and interventions on human movement. Our Quantitative Gait Analysis tools better characterize the cause of an abnormal gait, especially when multiple segments and planes of deformity exist. It differentiates the patient’s primary and secondary abnormalities and compensatory strategies.
PKMAS measurements include (but are not limited to):
- Coordinates: Heel, toe, COP, COMe
- Footfall: Contact Time, Pressure, Length, Width, Area, Angle, Toe In/Out Angle
- Step and Stride: Step Length, Stride Length, Step Time, Stride Time, Stride Velocity
- Gait Phase: Gait Cycle Time, Stance, Swing, Single Support, Double Support
- Flexion and extension of hip, knee and ankle joints
- Plots of knee against hip angle
- Distance: COP Path Length, COP Path Efficiency, COMe Path Length, COMe Path Efficiency
- Velocity:COP Velocity, Max COP Velocity, COP Velocity Standard Deviation, COMe Velocity, Max COMe Velocity, COMe Velocity Standard Deviation
- Test Metrics: Ambulation Time, Cadence, Velocity
- Gait: Single pass, multi-pass, gait initiation, dual tasking, assistive device use, timed up and go (TUG).
- Static: Quiet standing, eyes closed, tandem stance
Statistical data for the gait measurements include: Sample size, Mean, Left/right ratios, Standard deviation, Coefficient of variation
The ProtoKinetics Zeno™ Walkway detects pressure data during gait, balance, and other human movement protocols. Available in a variety of widths and lengths and with a durable design, it can meet the requirements of your facility and protocols, can travel between facilities, or be installed permanently.
The Zeno Walkway features:
- 16-level pressure sensing pad with dual control and circuitry inside a unique low-profile housing
- 2- or 3-layer framework reduces sensor damage and edge curling
- Pressure sensor embedded in base layer, surrounded by a beveled edge
- Smooth transition onto the carpet or floor
- Middle pressure sensing layer contains 0.4” square pressure sensors
- Calculations can be easily exported to text or Excel spreadsheet.
After data collection, the clinician can easily review the collected data and videos, alongside custom visuals and temporal, spatial and pressure values.